Travel To France

For travel from the UK to France.

Visit the French Foreign Ministry website for full details. The information below is copied from that website and covers the basic questions we are often asked. We strongly advise you visit the following websites for full details.

Coronavirus – Advice for Foreign Nationals in France
International travel to France and travel to the Overseas Sea
Click here for translation in English

While the above links would most likely cover the information you need, the link below has more details. You will need to select Translate in your browser to translate from French to English:
International travel to France and overseas territories (Scroll down for English)

Please read the information below. A link to download the documents is available at the end of this page.

I am a foreign national. Can I enter France?

That depends on virus circulation in your country of departure.

1. If you are arriving from a country on the list below, you can enter metropolitan France without any COVID-19-related restrictions or paperwork.

Member States of the European Union, Andorra, Australia, Canada, Georgia, the Holy See, Iceland, Japan, Liechtenstein, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Rwanda, San Marino, South Korea, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, the United Kingdom and Uruguay.

2. If you are arriving from another country, you can only enter France if your journey meets one of the following criteria for exceptions:

  • If you are a French national (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
  • If you are a European Union citizen or a national of Andorra, the Holy See, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your country of nationality or residence (you may be accompanied by your spouse and children);
  • If you hold a valid French or European residence permit or long-stay visa and your main residence is in France or you are crossing France to reach your residence in the European space;
  • If you are transiting for less than 24 hours in an international zone;
  • If you hold an official passport;
  • If you take up your duties in a diplomatic or consular mission or in an international organization headquartered or having an office in France, where necessary with your spouse and children, or if you travel to France with a mission order issued by your home State;
  • If you are a foreign health professional helping to fight COVID-19 or recruited as a trainee for this purpose;
  • If you are a member of crew or personnel operating passenger or cargo flights, or travelling as a passenger to reach your departure base;
  • If you are carrying out international goods transport;
  • If you are a passenger coach or train driver or crew member;
  • If you are a member of crew or personnel operating a merchant or fishing vessel;
  • If you are a student with a long-stay visa (VLS) or short-stay visa (VCS) for study or placements or coming for less than 90 days from a country exempted from VCS requirements or you are a minor enrolled in school, and you can prove you have accommodation in France;
  • If you are a professor or researcher employed or invited by a French higher education establishment or research laboratory and you are travelling for study and teaching purposes;
  • If you have a “Talent Passport” or “ICT posted worker” long-stay visa, where necessary with your spouse and children,;
  • If you travel to France to receive treatment in a public or private hospital.

For your arrival in France, you need to fill in and carry two documents:

● An exempted international movement certificate for travel to metropolitan France. You must present this certificate to travel companies before using your travel ticket, as well as to border control authorities (for travel by air, sea and land, including by rail);

● A sworn declaration that you do not have COVID-19 symptoms.

These documents can be downloaded in English here on this website or in French and English from the Ministry of the Interior’s website.

Moreover, depending on your point of departure and if you are aged over 11 years, you will be subject to a test prior to boarding or upon arrival:

A. Bahrain, Panama, United Arab Emirates or United States of America: you will have to present a negative PCR test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure, prior to boarding. You will not be able to board without this document.

B. Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, the Bahamas, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Cabo-Verde, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guyana, India, Iraq, Israel, Kosovo, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Madagascar, Maldives, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Paraguay, Peru, Qatar, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine: you will have to either present a negative PCR test result, carried out less than 72 hours before departure, or submit to such a test at the airport upon arrival in France.

C. For countries not on the above list, you are encouraged to undertake a PCR test prior to travel or in the airport upon arrival. If not, you will be asked to comply with a seven-day isolation period at your place of residence or in a suitable accommodation facility.

In all cases, the usual travel restrictions apply (visas, duration of stay, etc.).

Other rules apply to travel to and from French overseas territories (see below).

Click here to download the documents. Read the full page a link to download the document is available at the end of the page.

If you need a Heimishe Driver in the UK, or to drive you to France or Belgium, Please email us and we will assist you.

For travel to the UK

For travel to France

Travel Guidance & Documents