The following is a translation from the French Ministry of the Interior’s website.
Travel and travel certificate
Since January 2020, the world has been dealing with an epidemic of Coronavirus COVID-19 (ex 2019-nCoV).
Find all the official answers to your questions about what Coronavirus COVID-19 is and the recommendations
for your health on the platform: gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus
International travel to France and travel to the Overseas
1/ In order to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus, restrictions on access to metropolitan France and overseas communities have been put in place.
Every traveller is required to complete and carry the certificate corresponding to his situation:
- For a derogatory international trip from abroad to France
- For a derogatory trip to some overseas communities (Guyane, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Wallis islands and Futuna)
These documents are below.
Travellers must also complete and carry an honour statement stating that they do not show symptoms of covid-19 infection. This document is below.
The certificate and declaration of honour must be presented to the carriers before boarding and during arrival checks.
Failure to present these documents and the accompanying documents may lead to denial of access to the means of transport or, if necessary, the border guards to declare a refusal of entry.
2/ The attention of international travellers is also called to the following health measures for entry into French territory:
- Entries from the European area (European Union Member States – Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, United Kingdom, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican) and from the following countries (Australia, Canada; South Korea; Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, Thailand; Tunisia; Uruguay) are not subject to any special restrictions in the fight against the Covid-19 epidemic.
- Entries from another country are only permitted in a limited number of cases (see the derogatory international travel certificate below) and are subject to special health measures.
- Travellers travelling overseas must report the negative result of a test conducted within 72 hours of boarding.
- Regardless of the country of origin, persons with symptoms of covid-19 infection upon entry into the country will be prescribed, under 1th of Article II of Article 24 of Decree 2020-860 of 10 July 2020, quarantine or, if necessary, placement and maintenance in isolation by the territorially competent prefect.
Find out more about the dedicated FAQ.
International travel to France and overseas territories
1/ In order to fight the spread of Covid-19, access to metropolitan France and overseas territories has been restricted:
All travellers must complete the corresponding travel certificate and carry it at all times during their journey:
- For international travel from abroad to France,
- For derogatory travel to certain overseas territories (French Guiana, Mayotte, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Wallis and Futuna)
These documents can be found below.
Travellers must complete and carry a sworn statement that they do not show any Covid-19 symptom. This document can be found below.
Travellers must present their certificate and sworn statement to the transport company before boarding and upon arrival. In the absence of these documents, travellers can be denied boarding or entry on the territory.
2/ International travellers must be aware of the following sanitary rules when entering the national territory:
- Travellers from the European area (European Union Member States – Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City) and from Australia, Canada, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Tunisia, Uruguay are exempt from the restrictions established to fight the spread of Covid-19.
- Travellers from other countries are only authorized in a limited number of situations (see derogatory travel certificate below) and are subject to special sanitary measures.
- Travellers to overseas territories must get tested at least 72hrs before boarding and provide negative test results.
- Regardless of their country of origin, all persons showing Covid-19 symptoms when entering the national territory will have to observe quarantine or, if needed, be placed and kept in isolation by the relevant prefect in compliance with 1 ii article 24 from the decree no. 2020-860 of 10 July 2020.
More information on the dedicated FAQ.
Certificate of derogatory travel to metropolitan France from third countries and declaration on honour
Download the documents to complete.
The following websites will provide further information if needed
Coronavirus – Advice for Foreign Nationals in France
International travel to France and travel to the Overseas Sea
If you need a Heimishe Driver in the UK, or to drive you to France or Belgium, Please email us email@example.com and we will assist you.